Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dry Dock

Yet another solid weekend swell for Southern California - perhaps the fourth in the last six weeks.  Under normal circumstances, I would be bronzed and exhausted about this point.  Unfortunately, not!

The great news is that this week, I'm finally fully recovered from a battle with pneumonia that dates back to August 6th.  Unfortunately, while I'm fit to go now, the only water close by is the Thames, and no swell is showing there...not even in recognition of the Pope's visit here in London.  

Ah, well...hope the boys back home get a bit of action this weekend and share story and photo.  Meanwhile, I'll be back in SoCal next weekend, dearly hoping for a reprise of this weekend as I get seek to get in my first real surf session in seven weeks!

It's not been a normal summer....

No comments: